Monday 26 September 2011

To Infinity and Beyond

Sorry, that is the wrong space reference. This week we are giving ourselves the challenge of creating something Star Wars related. I used this chance to challenge myself to create something 100% digital, and so the Death Star was born (pardon the pun).

Playing around with different textures, and what started off life as a Malteser, actually looks not too bad. If you know me, then you know I try to stay away from digital art, mostly because it is the area of art where I am least  experienced, and to be honest, it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. But I powered through 3 Photoshop shut downs, and finally finished something that looks a bit like what was intended.

The original intention of painting something ended in disaster, when I discovered that a certain sibling of mine, who is sitting her Standard Grades, commandeered most of my paints. So this idea of a digital piece didn't come around as organically as I make out. Ah well, the end result is what matters.

2 comments:

  1. This looks brilliant, Is there any chance we can see a bigger version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try and upload the original version somewhere, just having photoshop problems getting it to a bigger jpeg.
    Adobe hates me.

    ReplyDelete