Monday 5 December 2011

Appologies

I have missed a few weeks, and have been struggling with posting things on here. I am sorry for that. I truly am. Technology certainly has not been my friend recently. But there is nothing new with that.

I have been out with my camera over the last few weeks, so I'm going to update a little with a bit of a snapshot of what I have been taking with my camera. Because that has been the only way I have been inspired at all.


The picture above is me attempting to get unusual perspective, by sitting the camera on a wall. It gives the perception that the plants are on a size with the building. It obviously isn't, but I feel that it is something that adds a different dimension to a photograph. This isn't something that interests most people, but it is something I find really exciting. I like being able to change how a scene looks, just by positioning the camera slightly different. It is almost magical, when I think about it. 

I have tried to get the same effect in this image. I feel that this one is a bit more successful, in that the flowers look large compared to the building behind it. I also feel like the pink parts of the flower petals really look bright, brought out by the flash in the camera. 

I try not to be over complicated with my photographs, as I have had no education on it, and just have the ideas which are in my head. Whilst I do think about what kind of image I want to take, I don't try to think too much. I feel that sometimes pictures I just 'take' on a whim are better than the ones that I actually take a lot of time over. Which is ironic really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment